Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts product design and development activities from product definition and planning through production, testing and release.
- Ensures product design satisfies engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Conducts customer interface discussions, including negotiation and agreement of contractually binding technical specifications.
- Conducts internal and customer design reviews, including preparation and presentation of technical review material at review meetings.
- Specifies and oversees product testing.
- Develops fixtures and tooling to aid in the assembly and test of products as required.
- Develops and maintains mechanical design documentation including 3D models, 2D drawings, bills of material, analysis reports, etc. using standard software tools and methods.
- Originates required documentation for projects i.e., ATP, QTP, QSAR, QTR, and tolerance analysis
- Prepares manufacturing documentation and assists in development of product specific manufacturing process.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specification and drawing release as required.
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to lead a product development and qualification program.
- Must be analytical, observant, focused and detail oriented.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical design principles.
- CAD/3D modeling and drafting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including writing and reviewing reports and procedures, and making clear, concise presentations.
- Proficiency with GD&T best practices per ASME Y14.5.
- Ability to prepare and release engineering drawings to industry standards.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or related Engineering discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- MS in Mechanical, Aerospace or related Engineering discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Aerospace Industry experience.
- Aerospace product development and qualification experience.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as machining, brazing, tube bending, and assembly.
- Veterans highly encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Pay based on education and experience
- Medical, Dental, AFLAC, 401k, PTO
- Casual work environment
''Performance Under Pressure'' is our motto. Are you up to it?
If yes, head over to our LinkedIn page and apply today!